What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updating from GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfoneguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed IOS 6 GM a week or so ago.....will I be able to update to the "official" release of IOS 6, am I up a creek, or do I even need to update?

Thanks!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just installed IOS 6 GM a week or so ago.....will I be able to update to the "official" release of IOS 6, am I up a creek, or do I even need to update?

Thanks!
Definitely no need to upgrade, it's the same iOS releasing today. If you go and do a software update on your device when iOS 6 released it will tell you your software is up to date.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The GM is the official release. This is what Foxconn is installing on new iPhones.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
xfoneguy said:

Thanks!

Are you an iPad developer? Before the official release, only iPad developers had official permission to download the Gold Master iOS 6.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you an iPad developer? Before the official release, only iPad developers had official permission to download the Gold Master iOS 6.
iOS6 GM as been floating around the world wide web for over a week now, that is if you didn't know.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bluray said:
iOS6 GM as been floating around the world wide web for over a week now, that is if you didn't know. dde03

Yes, but that is the result of an unauthorized upload.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bluray said:
It sure was an unauthorized upload but people still downloaded iOS6 because the Internet police was asleep. dde04

Just because something is possible doesn't make it right. Too many people lose sight of that, sometimes.

Last edited:

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just because something is possible doesn't make it right. Too many people lose sight of that, sometimes.

I agree with you mate but unfortunately with technology growing at such a rapid rate, there's no stopping people doing what they not supposed to do.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the record as far as we are concerned GM versions are beta and not an official Apple upgrade. I am closing this thread because of that and also to avoid confusion with our new iPad users whom don't understand the difference.

With that this thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts