What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updating from 5.1.1 to iOS 6.X

jerfest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is saying I am up to date even though I am on 5.1.1.

Will not update through "software update" on the settings menu

Need iOS 6.X for new apps. Help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple is saying I am up to date even though I am on 5.1.1.

Will not update through "software update" on the settings menu

Need iOS 6.X for new apps. Help!

Hi, welcome to iPF!

There's no possibility for iPad 1 to get iOS 6 or higher. Sorry! Your iPad is up to date. 5.1.1 is the latest software for your device.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct. Your iPad - the original- has reached its limit of iOS updates based on its hardware makeup. Have you thought about investing in a more updated iPad? That may be your best bet at this time if your current apps are requesting this update in order to function properly.

Welcome to the Forum.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple will buy back iPads. You can call 1800 my apple and give them the specks and condition and they will tell you what it is worth up to ( condition pending) in app card. I have a 64 g with cellular and I could get up to 120.00 trading it in. The store doesn't do the transaction but set you up and send a mailer, you send it in and depending on condition, you get an app card. My co-worker is interested in mine- I offered it for 75.00- bit less than I could get trading it in, but she is a good person. i would rather have $ and help someone who could not afford a new tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts