What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating apps issue

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. In the App Store, I have 3 updates. But when I click update, it says "you can not update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software". However, I do not install cracked apps. All 3 of these I purchased.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all. In the App Store, I have 3 updates. But when I click update, it says "you can not update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software". However, I do not install cracked apps. All 3 of these I purchased.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks

Maybe the apps were a free trial version, only good for a limited time. What are the apps that are giving you these problems?

OP
R

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're splash top 2 and FTP on the go pro.
There was one more, but you were right about it being a trial version.

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you purchase them with another ID or in another "country" store? The update process only registers the ID you're currently logged in, as far as I know. (I had to switch for Google Earth and Google Maps.)

OP
R

Restless_rooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like that was the issue :) purchased when I was on a different device with different ID.

Thanks!

Most reactions