What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updates

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
esterday I made updates two of my favorite apps, the Washington Post and The Weather Channel. neither one works now. page loads and then shuts down. notified via their forum. Coincidence that there is something uniquely wrong with both of these updates or is there a larger problem here? I use these apps everday. Thanks for any insight.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tina4201 said:
esterday I made updates two of my favorite apps, the Washington Post and The Weather Channel. neither one works now. page loads and then shuts down. notified via their forum. Coincidence that there is something uniquely wrong with both of these updates or is there a larger problem here? I use these apps everday. Thanks for any insight.

Hello tina4201. I sometimes have similar problems when I update content rich apps like these two that you mentioned. Here is what I do:
1. After the update, I double press home and get the shelf where recently used apps reside. I press an app until it wiggles and press each app until you clear the shelf.
2. Then I press home until the power off slider appears, I slide to off, wait a couple seconds.
3. I press the home button again until the Apple login appears and power back.

This action should clear your iPad memory. Whenever you have this kind of problem, this will help reset your iPad.

OP
tina4201

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, tried that but it still doesn't work. :-(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The latest update of the Weather channel app was on the 9th of July. I updated on the same day and didn't experience any problems. Did you experience any difficulty with the download of the update?

OP
tina4201

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it was the 9 July update, i just installed it the other day. no noticeable problems when it updated. removed app entirely and reinstalled with same result.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

HI Tina...I didn't see if you mentioned what version ipad and operating system you are running?

OP
tina4201

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh sorry, meant to add that. using ipad 2 with latest os

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tina4201 said:
oh sorry, meant to add that. using ipad 2 with latest os

The only thing I can think of here is that there is not sufficient ram available to run these apps. Have you ever cleared your history and cookies in Safari? Go to Settings - Safari and Clear History and cookies and then see if this makes a difference and let us know.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
tina4201

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
The only thing I can think of here is that there is not sufficient ram available to run these apps. Have you ever cleared your history and cookies in Safari? Go to Settings - Safari and Clear History and cookies and then see if this makes a difference and let us know.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

History cleared. TWC app comes up now, but slow. WaPo still doesn't but I think you are right, this is a ram issue. Going to do some housecleaning and see if that works. Thanks for the tip!

OP
tina4201

tina4201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tina4201 said:
History cleared. TWC app comes up now, but slow. WaPo still doesn't but I think you are right, this is a ram issue. Going to do some housecleaning and see if that works. Thanks for the tip![/

reset and restored then cleaned out a bunch of junk. Both apps are working now but some apps like general (settings) are still a little sluggish.

Most reactions