What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated iPad, now doesn't work

kellypibb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my daughter got me a used iPad (1st generation). It had iOS 5 installed. Everything was working fine on it until we plugged it into iTunes. It said there was an update for 5.0.1 so we chose "Restore and Update" in iTunes. It downloaded and upgraded the iPad, but it kept giving us random errors (-1, 37, 1618, etc.) during the recovery.
ipad3a.pngipadpij.pngipad2k.png
What's worse is that the iPad wont turn on. I've tried searching and tried holding the top and middle square/Home button down for 10 seconds (DFU mode?) like other post/videos have said, but nothing; not booting up. Only time the iPad turns on is when we try recovery via iTunes - screen turns on with the white Apple logo and white loading bar. Every time we plug the USB cable in, our PC recognizes it so we know it's not dead.

Tried 2 different computers, reinstalling iTunes, and turning off firewall/antivirus - nothing, still wont recover properly and we don't have a backup.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts