Updated iPad, connect to iTunes screen appeared. I can't switch iPad back on, help me please!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Gotham Girly, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Gotham Girly

Gotham Girly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I updated my iPad but it's saying to connect to iTunes. I've tried rebooting by holding down the two buttons for 15 seconds but the connect to iTunes screen comes on again. I don't have a computer, I do everything via wifi, so I can't connect anyway. I'm worried that I have, or will, lose everything I have stored on there. Thanks in advance.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

There's no way to use recovery mode over Wi-Fi. If you don't have a computer to connect your device, it's stuck. Recovery mode should solve your problem, but that can't be done without iTunes on a computer. Here are the instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe a friend or someone in your family has a computer you could use?

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Or if you have an Apple store nearby, you can make a genius appointment. You should ask, but I'm pretty sure they'll do this for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Gotham Girly

Gotham Girly
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'll lose all my photo albums then won't I? Thanks for the help everyone. Stupid bloody update, I've got about 6 thousand photos that I'll lose. That's the last time I bother updating, I'm furious!! Thanks for the advice.

6. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have an iCloud backup where these photos were included, they shouldn't be lost. Erase all content and settings on your iPad after updating, and restore from the iCloud backup.