What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated iOS is coming our way

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Apple has just said that they have fixed the PDF exploit that jailbreakme.com is using and they have an updated iOS ready.

now its just a matter of time before we see it in itunes.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mother....I swear they leave these little exploits in there on purpose to allow us to jailbreak. ;)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh they are taking their time......checked several times today with no luck.
That said upgrading software on this gadget is a joy. Just type in your password and get on with something else.

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you're jailbroken, it's much less of a joy because you constantly feel this need to update, yet you're waiting on the latest jailbreak to come out. :)
That said, you are correct about the updates, they do go very speedily!

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mother....I swear they leave these little exploits in there on purpose to allow us to jailbreak.
I dunno about that...the PDF file stack overflow is potentially dangerous in the wrong hands.

I doubt that anybody would do that on purpose. You'd be betting that Dev Team found it before a global malefactor.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let's see how iOS going to work on iPad
The only thing that worries me is that the iPad has significantly less memory than the iPhone.

Looking at how my iPhone gleefully fills up all of the available RAM with previously run applications, it seems to me that they're going to have to place serious constraints on how iOS 4 multi-tasks on the iPad.

I will probably upgrade to iOS 4 on the iPad as soon as it is available. I see a reason to jailbreak my iPhone but I do not see a particular over riding reason to keep my iPad jailbroken.

HarlyFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let's see how iOS going to work on iPad
The only thing that worries me is that the iPad has significantly less memory than the iPhone.

Looking at how my iPhone gleefully fills up all of the available RAM with previously run applications, it seems to me that they're going to have to place serious constraints on how iOS 4 multi-tasks on the iPad.

I will probably upgrade to iOS 4 on the iPad as soon as it is available. I see a reason to jailbreak my iPhone but I do not see a particular over riding reason to keep my iPad jailbroken.

I agree at this time I do not see a big enough advantage to keep my pad JB'd so I will restore it for now. The memory issues will be interesting to see how the new OS deals with it when it is released.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Several websites reporting a new iPad in the new year with A9 chip and double the ram.

Deductions based on Apples advance chip ordering ....
Also suggest a smaller 71/2" mini iPad.
Wonder if iOS will get a boost for the new chip.

Most reactions

Latest posts