What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updated ibooks but still no abolity to scroll vertically down.

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the features in iBooks 3.0.1 is the ability to 'scroll vertically through your books", but a fter I updated its not there. What can I do guys I really need the feature

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
One of the features in iBooks 3.0.1 is the ability to 'scroll vertically through your books", but a fter I updated its not there. What can I do guys I really need the feature

Have you followed the steps in these screenshots?
The last photo fits into the sequence where the missing picture is.

image-1961794014.jpg

image-2413404939.jpg

View attachment 28484

image-2316290423.jpg

image-4147016419.jpgNow you should be able to swipe up to scroll.

Attachments

• image-3608661689.jpg
    image-3608661689.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, that aA on the right does not even appear after the update. I think thats my problem is.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Thanks so much, that aA on the right does not even appear after the update. I think thats my problem is.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
tsmrg said:

Try tapping in the center of the screen. This makes the controls appear/disappear.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats all that comes when i tap inside the book. But an update came and i updated!!

Attachments

• image-523002924.jpg
    image-523002924.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 356

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Thats all that comes when i tap inside the book. But an update came and i updated!!

The reason that you don't get scrolling is that your screenshot is of a PDF file. You need to go to your book collection to have scrolling available. When you tap the middle of the page in one of your books, the full controls appear, including the aA control which, among other things, controls scrolling.

image-1127929982.jpgFollow my instructions in my previous post to start the scrolling feature.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt know the feature does not apply for pdfs. My school textbooks i use are all pdfs, so i have to forget about scrolling right?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
I didnt know the feature does not apply for pdfs. My school textbooks i use are all pdfs, so i have to forget about scrolling right?

My iBooks, which has been updated, doesn't offer scrolling with iBooks, only regular books. Scrolling for PDFs won't work, at least for now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Pretty much, at least for iBooks. You can probably find another PDF reader that will scroll pages vertically, but it will be page scrolling, not a continuous flow of text. PDF is fairly ridged in terms of layout. When you want to make sure everyone sees exactly the same document, it's the best. When you want options for reading and viewing, it's not.

The Textbooks in the iBook Store (created with iBooks Author) are almost as ridged. That's because it would be difficult to add all the enhanced features with a flexible layout, and possibly because Apple realized teachers want all the students to go to the same place when they say Chapter 5, page 34, second paragraph. :)

Most reactions