What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated apps stay in update list

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I updated to iOS 7 on two iPads (2 and 3). Everything went smooth.
When I am now alerted from the AppStore that new app updates are available, I can update them. The tag changes from update to open, everything is fine.
BUT, after the update, they stay in the list of updates.
Is this normal - new? Does anybody else see this behavior? Under iOS 6 the list was cleared out and empty after all updates were done.

Thanks Knut

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is normal. It's basically the AppStore's "reminder" that that says "hey, you've just updated these apps on these days". I believe they eventually go away, I don't really pay attention to it.

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, I will see. And I take it that this is a new and normal behaviour. Thanks. Knut

I have also seen this problem. I think what is supposed to happen which often occurs with me is that the apps that are updating when finished updating move into the updated on( date )list. I have noticed occasionally that some will stay as 'open ' in the update notification list that they were originally listed in. Later this seems to fix itself and I am not certain as to the reason for this I think this is a bug!

Doug Dyer Victoria BC

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have also seen this problem. I think what is supposed to happen which often occurs with me is that the apps that are updating when finished updating move into the updated on( date )list. I have noticed occasionally that some will stay as 'open ' in the update notification list that they were originally listed in. Later this seems to fix itself and I am not certain as to the reason for this I think this is a bug!

Doug Dyer Victoria BC

This is now normal behavior with the AppStore on iOS 7.

All your updated apps will show for two weeks. That is so those fold who have set their iPad to update apps automatically have a chance to review the updates.

Apps that require updating will be at the top and will have the "Update" box. Once you have updated them, the box will change to "Open." But, they will stay where they are until a new set of updates is received. Then, those apps will just keep moving down the list until they are removed.

Again, this is now normal behavior under iOS 7 - it is not a bug.

Marilyn

Doug.ie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is now normal behavior with the AppStore on iOS 7. All your updated apps will show for two weeks. That is so those fold who have set their iPad to update apps automatically have a chance to review the updates. Apps that require updating will be at the top and will have the "Update" box. Once you have updated them, the box will change to "Open." But, they will stay where they are until a new set of updates is received. Then, those apps will just keep moving down the list until they are removed. Again, this is now normal behavior under iOS 7 - it is not a bug. Marilyn

Hello Marilyn,

I probably did not make myself clear in my post but what appears to be the correct functioning based on what I see happening on my iPad is this: say you start out with four notifications for updates on October 3. Below this is a list of apps that have been updated on October 2. When you click on the update button in the top list that app updates and the button turns to open but the item is then moved into a new list that is created and headed 'apps updated on October 3'. When you click on the update button of the next app in the very top list the same occurs with the button changing to open and the item moves in to the list below labeled 'apps updated on October 3'. This all seems to be working as described as of this evening. But two or three days ago as mentioned by myself and previous members of the forum it appears that there was a bug in that some of the apps when updated in the top list changed to an 'Open' button, but did not move into the new list below headed 'Apps updated on (Date). Perhaps this was a server problem maybe related to busy traffic. Whatever the problem it does appear to be corrected as of today October 3?. Thank you for all the suggestions and input. iOS 7 probably is still in its teething stages. All the best…

Doug Dyer

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was an issue with App Store the last two days, afaik. If updating behaves normal again, it's been solved, it seems.

JedWare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was an issue with App Store the last two days, afaik. If updating behaves normal again, it's been solved, it seems.

A year later and I am seeing this same issue on all my devices. What seems to be different is that if you update on the device it appears to behave normally but if you update through iTunes I am seen the apps remain under available updates and not move under the correct date installed.

Anyone else seeing the same issue re-surface? Is it something with the push out of ios 8.0.2?

Most reactions

Latest posts