What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update via iTunes

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, when we connect device with PC then ask for IOS update Popup ask for 2 option download and download & update.i want to ask different between both.thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Download means that the update will be diwnloaded to iTunes on your computer but you have to manually click the update button. Download and update means that the update will download and install itself on your iPad without any further action on your part.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks it's mean first I downloaded on PC without engaging my device

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you've downloaded it in iTunes on your PC, you can connect your iPad to your computer and select update and the update will happen immediately without having to wait for the update to download first.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, I connect my iPad with PCs for update upto now iOS,but after download when pc start update a error appear in PCs that u had no space from. As I had no space.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No sir near about 3gb free in C drive

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of my window base PC

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, what I do next.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to stick my nose in, can you post what
iTunes version you have and what iOS on your iPad thanks

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No sir near about 3gb free in C drive

Well, you did not really answer Scifan..'s question, i.e. 'how much' free storage is left on your iPad - see the screen capture below and the blue circle - that is the number needed (go into Settings -> General -> About); also, take a look at This Article and each of the steps, which are pertinent to your iOS upgrade - make sure you do a 'backup' first, clean out the iPad of apps/etc. no longer needed, and provide the storage data requested.

From you response above stating 3 GB on the C drive, I'm assuming this is your PC - if that is all of the space left on your computer, then you really need to free that up too - i.e. the PC may also need more free capacity to do the iOS upgrade? Dave :)
IMG_7107.PNG

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry team l was taking it in slower stages hope that was ok ?

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Most reactions

Latest posts