What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update to ios 5 on ipad 2...

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Could I potentially lose the ability to JB in the future??
It might be a while before we see another jb for ipad 2... I do hope im wrong

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that lol but what I'm asking is if I update to iOS 5 will I not be able to JB in the future?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be a complete and total: Yes.

Right now, there is no jail break for iOS5 for the iPad2. While people remain optimistic, there exists the possibility that iOS5 for the iPad2 will never get jailbroken.

If you wish to upgrade to iOS5 and thus leave the jailbroke world behind - keep this fact in mind when you make your decision.

In addition, if you have an iPad 2 with the 3G and it's jailbroken and you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 - if you upgrade to iOS5 - you will not be able to downgrade! Now that iOS5 is out, having those blobs will NOT help you.

Yes, there is a tiny window right now as Apple rolls out iOS5. But, if you went up to iOS 5 to check it out but now want to be jailbroke on iOS 4.3.3 - go back down soon, if not now. Because, once that baseband signature changes (cause Apple stops signing iOS 4.3.5), you'll be SOL and "stuck" on iOS5.

Just a friendly warning...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts