1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Update program

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by flynhi, Jun 14, 2013.

1. flynhi

flynhi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do I cable IPad 3 to my laptop to update, as I did my old IPad 1???
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 0
    Sure. There is no difference in the maintenance of the new[er] iPads. As far as backing it up, moving apps around, etc - they are the same product.

Marilyn

EDIT TO ADD: Unless, of course, you are talking about updating the iOS. That, you can do wirelessly via Apple's over-the-air update available in your Settings app (under the General tab). Granted, the iPad1 can do this (the OTA ability came with iOS 5) - but since there are no iOS updates for the iPad1 any longer, you don't do updates on it.

So, to recap: you can do everything with the new iPad you could do with the older one. But - you don't have to connect it to iTunes to update the iOS as that can be done OTA.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013