What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update iOS 7.0.6

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated my ipad today and no longer have any sound. Mute is off and the volume slider midway. Any advice please?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Settings - Do Not Disturb - Silence should not be set to "Always", and perhaps also look at Settings - Sound - Change with buttons, if it's enabled. Try changing the volume with the buttons (side), and take a look at the Control center as well.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks., will have another look at getting sound back.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

gsl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A reviewer (iOS 7.0.6 for iPad Air Review) acknowledged having major lag issues with iOS 7 on the iPad 3. This is disappointing news for those who purchased an iPad 3 less than three years ago. I have not read any comments pertaining to the effect of iOS 7 updates on iPad 3 speed on the iPad Forum. Have any members of the Forum experienced this problem,also?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A reviewer (iOS 7.0.6 for iPad Air Review) acknowledged having major lag issues with iOS 7 on the iPad 3. This is disappointing news for those who purchased an iPad 3 less than three years ago. I have not read any comments pertaining to the effect of iOS 7 updates on iPad 3 speed on the iPad Forum. Have any members of the Forum experienced this problem,also?

Gsl...please do not post duplicate comments. I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you if there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Thanks for your understanding,

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

gsl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for the information, Skimonkey.

Those of us who are relatively new to the iPad Forum find navigating the Forum to locate discussions which pertain to their concerns a bit awkward. I only felt the information in the posting was relevant to the discussion in more than one thread.

Please accept my apology as there was no intention to violate Forum rules.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yes, my iPad 3 is going like molasses in January right now. Slow response and freezes frequently. Looking forward to the next updat which I hope will cure this problem.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Having read the above so far, I think I may just wait a wee while before jumping in as I usually do.

This is what's so good about this forum, such useful information at all times. I may be repeating myself but it far away the best of any forum I subscribe to. I have yet to notice any skitting remarks or sarcasm which seem to be the norm on most forums where members seize an opportunity to demean some poor poster who is only asking a question. Just a big thank you to all members and admin on here for keeping it that way. I wish I had more to contribute more often.
Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having read the above so far, I think I may just wait a wee while before jumping in as I usually do. This is what's so good about this forum, such useful information at all times. I may be repeating myself but it far away the best of any forum I subscribe to. I have yet to notice any skitting remarks or sarcasm which seem to be the norm on most forums where members seize an opportunity to demean some poor poster who is only asking a question. Just a big thank you to all members and admin on here for keeping it that way. I wish I had more to contribute more often. Mike
I've heard this from a few members. So I made the right decision to join this forum. :)

Just a note: iOS 7.1 was released yesterday, with a few new features and bug fixes. 7.0.6 was a security update.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I have the third generation iPad and I have had no issues with lag under iOS 7.0.6.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I used to experience a bit of lag, but thats very little. That is now gone with the iOS 7.1 update.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Breaking news! I have just upgraded to the latest OS 7.1 and ............. No problems! Life just gets better with my iPad 3. Loving it!
All the best to everyone,
Mike

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Breaking news! I have just upgraded to the latest OS 7.1 and ............. No problems! Life just gets better with my iPad 3. Loving it! All the best to everyone, Mike

Glad to hear it Mike! I updated my Air and find switching apps just so fluid now!

Thank you for your earlier post also! We do have such a wonderful community here!! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts