What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update IOS 6.1

guyritchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated without issues but can't actually notice anything new. Apparently you can check movie times with Siri. Not what I was hoping for.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the info, it doesn't seem like there's any advantage in me going fron 6.0.2 to 6.1 on my WiFi Mini. I connect through my Android phone hotspot.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add my $.02 (USD).

It's always best to upgrade to the most current version of iOS, unless there is a known bug or something that affects the proper running of your iPad. Yes, a newer version may not add any details that would be noticed/seen by the user - but that doesn't mean that Apple hasn't done something to make your iPad work/run better.

As a general rule - it's always a good idea to stay as up-to-date on your iOS versions to keep the iPad running as we'll as it can.

Just FYI...

Marilyn

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add my $.02 (USD).

It's always best to upgrade to the most current version of iOS, unless there is a known bug or something that affects the proper running of your iPad. Yes, a newer version may not add any details that would be noticed/seen by the user - but that doesn't mean that Apple hasn't done something to make your iPad work/run better.

As a general rule - it's always a good idea to stay as up-to-date on your iOS versions to keep the iPad running as we'll as it can.

Just FYI...

Marilyn
Good, solid advice as always! Just because we cannot see something, doesn't mean that it is not there. Probably Apple could mention what fixes and advantages there are to an upgrade, if they don't already do so. It comes down to a matter of trust and I would not have bought an Apple product if there wasn't some element of trust. I am happy with what I have at the moment and I can always find good people on here to help me if I ever get stuck.

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To add my $.02 (USD).

Just FYI...

Marilyn

Just want to also add, App developers will always try to optimize their apps to run best on the latest currently signed firmware available.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's apparently academic anyhow -- I tried 4 times, each time I got a message that the update had failed. This last time was after a full shutdown and reboot from cold.

Since the only things I've done with this are load WingX, jailbreak it and load iFile, dunno what the problem is and really don't much care.

Deniselynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 4 and it is stating it has an update for IOS 6.1 but every time I try and download it, it says there is no connection to the internet but clearly there is.

Zahoor Belikov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello guys!
I REALLY NEED HELP!!
so i have an ipad 3 running ios 5.1.1
and i heard that the new update installs siri so i tried to restore because i have a jailbreak and it wouldnt restore without the update so i tried to download the upDte like dozens of times to download it but it always brings up some kind f error so then i ignored the jailbreak and tried to update from the ipad itself and the same problem occured it came up with different errors
then I tried to use the recovery method to restore so i can update but it didnt work either
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee help i feel stuck!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running iOS 6.1.2. Then, you can re-jail break it if you wish.

Oh, and if you can, make a backup, first, so you don't lose your data and settings.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated both my ipad4 and mini yesterday with no problems except since updating I can longer get any program updates on ether the 4 or mini. When I click on update the circle just keeps going around even though it shows there are program updates to be had. I tried a reset but still no go.

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, For some reason it just decided to update my Apps. Go figure.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, For some reason it just decided to update my Apps. Go figure.

I gave up trying to figure this sort of thing out years ago. I used to rack my brains as to why such things happen but came to the conclusion that I may as well look at the meaning of life! Glad it is sorted, go with it and be happy (obviously said whilst not under any stress due to iPad/PC/mobile/Internet/Wi-Fi etc. etc. problems). :)

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave up trying to figure this sort of thing out years ago. I used to rack my brains as to why such things happen but came to the conclusion that I may as well look at the meaning of life! Glad it is sorted, go with it and be happy (obviously said whilst not under any stress due to iPad/PC/mobile/Internet/Wi-Fi etc. etc. problems). :)

Yup, Good point, I must say I agree.

Most reactions