What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update fail

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am trying to perform the IOS6 update on my series 3 iWatch.
The watch is on it’s charger. My iPhone is connected to power and WiFi.
The update process begins and then pauses at some point to tell
me that I can resume the update when I reconnect to WiFi.
However, I am STILL CONNECTED to WiFi.
I have rebooted both iPhone and iWatch.
I’m pulling my hair out! Thoughts?

Thank you,
Mark

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mark — I went through a similar process the day the updates were released. My iPhone 7 updated with no issues and then I started the update on my watch 3. The download appeared to be stalled and after nearly an hour I saw a message that said it would take another 14 hours to complete the download. I shut it down and decided to try again early the next morning. Set everything up and it started the install process right away. I’ve always felt the watch installer to be a bit hinkey but it all worked out. I do have the auto install process set up on all my Apple stuff so maybe that’s what happened overnight.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dakotapix,

Thank you for the information.
I’ll try again.

P.S. did yours mention anything about WiFi?
Best,
Mark

Last edited:
OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dakotapix

Interesting because I am definitely connected to WiFi
and that’s what’s puzzling me.

Mark
P.S. just tried again and same thing happened.
It’s driving me insane.

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is supposed to release IOS 13.1 along with the new IPadIOS on Sept. 24. Not sure if there will be a Watch IOS 13.1 as well but you might wait to see and get the new for your phone. As for your WiFi, you might check to see if you have two bands available ( 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and toggle between the two for best result.

On my Watch 3 I make use of the Breathe routine and find that it now fails to keep track of the repetitions during a 24 hour period. Hopefully that will be corrected soon.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dakotapix

Interesting because I am definitely connected to WiFi
and that’s what’s puzzling me.

Mark
P.S. just tried again and same thing happened.
It’s driving me insane.
If you have a speed test app try it to see if your WiFi is slower than normal.

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is supposed to release IOS 13.1 along with the new IPadIOS on Sept. 24. Not sure if there will be a Watch IOS 13.1 as well but you might wait to see and get the new for your phone. As for your WiFi, you might check to see if you have two bands available ( 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and toggle between the two for best result.

On my Watch 3 I make use of the Breathe routine and find that it now fails to keep track of the repetitions during a 24 hour period. Hopefully that will be corrected soon.

Thank you for your help.
I’ll wait for 13.1

Most reactions

Latest posts