1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Update download times out iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Richbake99, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Richbake99

Richbake99 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this has been discussed before but I have not found any solution that works. I am trying to update 4.3.3 to 4.3.5. It should be about a 43 min download on my, admittedly, slow bband connection in rural France. I once got within 8 secs of finishing the dload before it timed out,aaargh! So this is not an issue about failure to install but one where the download fails entirely after usually about 20 mins and of course you have to start again from scratch. I have no other probs with connectivity with downloads with this or any other devices. Yes I have disabled a/v, firewall etc. Grateful for any help!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I wonder why you're trying to undertake this update? There are no additional features. The update from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 was simply to 'plug the hole' that allowed people to jail break the iPad. Many Members here would give their right arm for an iPad2 with 4.3.3 - because that's the only version of the iPad2's operating system, iOS, that can be jail broken.

The update from 4.3.4 to 4.3.5 was to plug a notional security hole in iOS but, realistically, it's very unlikely to give you any problems.

As I mentioned, neither update introduced any new features so, from a user's perspective, you'd notice no change whatsoever.

Tim
  3. Richbake99

Richbake99 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thanks! I knew about the jailbreak issue but was not that interested. As you say- might as well leave alone.