What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update download times out iPad2

Richbake99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I have not found any solution that works. I am trying to update 4.3.3 to 4.3.5. It should be about a 43 min download on my, admittedly, slow bband connection in rural France. I once got within 8 secs of finishing the dload before it timed out,aaargh! So this is not an issue about failure to install but one where the download fails entirely after usually about 20 mins and of course you have to start again from scratch. I have no other probs with connectivity with downloads with this or any other devices. Yes I have disabled a/v, firewall etc. Grateful for any help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder why you're trying to undertake this update? There are no additional features. The update from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 was simply to 'plug the hole' that allowed people to jail break the iPad. Many Members here would give their right arm for an iPad2 with 4.3.3 - because that's the only version of the iPad2's operating system, iOS, that can be jail broken.

The update from 4.3.4 to 4.3.5 was to plug a notional security hole in iOS but, realistically, it's very unlikely to give you any problems.

As I mentioned, neither update introduced any new features so, from a user's perspective, you'd notice no change whatsoever.

Tim

OP
R

Richbake99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks! I knew about the jailbreak issue but was not that interested. As you say- might as well leave alone.

Most reactions

Latest posts