What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update date

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I'm on a iPad four wifi 16... I see there is a new iOS update, how do I update, do I have to rejailbreak and start over, do I not update, is it a pain to do... Please help....

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm on a iPad four wifi 16... I see there is a new iOS update, how do I update, do I have to rejailbreak and start over, do I not update, is it a pain to do... Please help....

I don't think that we have confirmation that the jailbreak works with the update. I would wait unit an official announcement is made.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Confirmed that it's working. Tweeted on Planetbeing's Twitter, tested on my own iPad 2 and iPad 3. Evasi0n 1.4 is up on the site already.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only you can decide whether you want to update to iOS 6.1.2. Yes, it's a minor update - but it'll guarantee that you are on the most current iOS (plus, it IS jail breakable!).

If you decide to update, take a look at this thread where have offered suggestions on the best way to do it: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=103822

Good luck with your decision.

Marilyn

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it best to update from my computer or can I just update from my ipad over wifi?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it best to update from my computer or can I just update from my ipad over wifi?

You can NEVER update a jailbroken device, either using iTunes or Wifi.

You must use the "restore" feature of iTunes if you want to update the version of IOS on your device.

Before you do that, you should take a full backup of the device (iTunes or iCloud), and ALSO make a decision about what jailbreak apps / tweaks you may want to backup and restore. To backup JB tweaks etc. you can use an app from Cydia such as PkgBackup or xBackup. Or you could simply write them down and reinstall them again. The best approach will depend on the complexity of your jailbreak.

Once you have used iTunes to restore the device to 6.1.2, then you restore your iPad backup, re-jailbreak, and then (optionally) restore any tweaks which you backed up separately.

If I get some spare time tonight I'll update our old tutorial on upgrading a JB device - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html, however the principles are exactly the same. You can simply ignore all stuff about sn0wbreeze as it would now be an evasi0n jailbreak (that's the piece I'll update later).

Last edited:
OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh thank you for that info.... I'm new at this :). Can I restore from my ipad or does that have to be done on the computer too....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts