What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update corrupt 4.3.5

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im on 4.3.4 and trying to update to 4.3.5. Last week i tried to update and after 30 mins it came up saying my ipad was corrupt (not exact words) then decided it wasn't really necessary. Today i decided to jailbreak my ipad using redsn0w. After about 2 hrs of trying i finally got it working. I then saw that it takes so long to boot eveytime you turn it off and i decided i wanted to unjailbreak it. I clicked restore on itunes and it said i have to download that update so i tried download it again and it came up with the same corrupt error it did last week. Im really frustrated because i dont want my ipad to stay like this. Anyone know a way to get the update to work???? please help!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you had a JB iPad I've moved this to the Hacking section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, syafiqpike:

First off, welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you.

The easiest thing for you to do to restore that iPad to iOS 4.3.5 is to put it into DFU mode and then re-sync it with iTunes. iTunes will then recognize it as an iPad that needs restoring and will go through the steps to load iOS 4.3.5.

To put the iPad into DFU mode, follow the directions in this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

That should do it for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have put it into DFU mode and my ipad is turned off. Its listed under devices on itunes and theres the restore button. I have clicked that and i know that that will bring my ipad back to the unjailbroken mode but to restore it i have to instal the update and thats where im stuck

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I even tried downloading a ready made copy of 4.3.5 firmware and tried "alt restoring" it but the same message comes up but this time as a firmware file message (the ipad could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt)....i dont get it...it cant be my ipads fault because this is an update.....also the main reason i dont want the jailbreak anymore is because when i boot it up the silver apple icon never loads and i have to boot up the redsn0w several times to get it to work. i also dont want my ipad to be all messed with...im starting to get worried idk wht to do ive tried nearly everything...it cant be the jailbreak problem and i feel when i restore it the silver icon will load normally again...its just the update

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Finally got to restore mode...the ipad loaded up and then went back to DFU mode...i then used tinyumbrella to boot it up but now it comes up with green poison instalizing and its stuck on there...i didnt use green poison to jailbreak but i tried it when i first wanted to jailbreak it...now i cant get rid of it

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you download the correct firmware file from this thread - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html
Use DFU Mode as directed above, then shift-restore (Windows) or option-restore (OSX), and choose the firmware file you downloaded. This should always succeed.

If the IOS file is still corrupted from this download, then the fault is with your PC or internet connection. Make sure you temporarily turn off any firewall or anti-virus products you have.

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG ok so ive downloaded the firmware and tried restoring it and it says ineligible for request build....ive changed the hosts many times but it still doesnt work....i just ruined by ipad...jezzz why the hell did i jailbreak

liable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's no ruined you can fix just about any issue. What exactly is it saying . I have ****ed mine up so many times and it is still running. Put down exactly what it says and exactly what you are doing

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK OK OK......im up to error 21......ive clicked restore and error 21 pops up...wht do i do!!

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill run through it again. i used tiny umbrella to save shsh before i jailbroke it...i then jailbroke it and it wouldnt work and the apple icon wouldnt load up everytime so i decided i wanted to get rid of the jailbreak.......now i put it into DFU mode and i downloaded a new firmware 4.3.4...i tried to restore it until the point where it said not eligible for request build...so i tried turning on the tss server on tinyumbrella and tried it again...it then got up to the point where it said restoring ipad then suddenly a message saying error 21 came up....my ipad i left on the silver apple icon never loading

liable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok that happen to me to it sucked. What I did was a complete uninstall of iTunes reinstall. Then ran restore

OP
S

syafiqpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol you guys r really helpful...thanks alot....im just worried so much i dont want to have to get it replaced or fixed..

liable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What iTunes version are you running, what iOS are you trying to load now

Most reactions