What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update caused typing problem

csvehrs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the new OS on my iPad and now I'm having problems with typing. I type in a letter - word - number and there is a delay before it appears on the screen - sometimes as long as 30 seconds. This was not happening before the update. What can I do to solve this problem because it's very annoying.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the new OS on my iPad and now I'm having problems with typing. I type in a letter - word - number and there is a delay before it appears on the screen - sometimes as long as 30 seconds. This was not happening before the update. What can I do to solve this problem because it's very annoying.

Have you tried rebooting your iPad? You can do this by holding down the home button and sleep button together for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo. It's recommended to reboot after updates. Hope it works.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See if turning off iCloud's "Documents and Data" access (in the Settings app) helps with this. A lot of people have reported this fixes the delay.

Hope this helps. If not, holler back and we'll give it another go.

Marilyn

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also, if you have apps running in the background it can sometimes slow down the iPad. You can get rid of them to free up some ram by double pressing the home button or swiping four fingers upwards and then swiping up on a running app.

Most reactions

Latest posts