What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update apps won't connet to iTunes Store on iPad2

lreddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using an iPad2 with 5.0, iPhone3Gs with 5.0 and laptop uses Windows 7, iTunes 10.5. Recently I have had no problems updating my apps, but now on my iPad and iPhone, I get the message that I cannot connect to the iTunes store to update my current apps. I can install new apps. I have done everything I could find on the forums and nothing is working. A lot of the forum discussions relate to my problem, but they are 2-3 years old. Please help. I have been spending many days on this problem.

Jaydodds100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there mate, i have exactly the same issue for a few days now. I have an ipad 2 wi-fi only 32GB and cannot update apps. The App Store says that I have 6x apps waiting to be updated but it doesn't update them when I use the update feature. I can't delete those apps to re-install them either but have no problem in installing entirely new apps. I have had this issue since the evening of Thursday 3rd or Friday 4th November. Haven't tried to connect to itunes or sync yet. May try that a little later. Let me know if you get anywhere on this and I will do the same. Regards, Jay

Jaydodds100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that my ipad has been on iOS 5 since the say it was released and that i have had no problem updating apps since last Thurs/Fri. My laptop is Windows 7 but as i haven't sync'd my iPad for a couple of weeks thenni don't really think that is relevant. This must be an issue at their end.

OP
L

lreddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrs

Hi Jay, I tried everything I could think of but then I saw my Apple ID on something unrelated and it was a previous Apple ID I used. I had a different one for iTunes. I vaguely remember being asked if I wanted to combine my Apple ID with my iTunes ID so I picked my iTunes one. Evidently, you cannot use the same id for iTunes as for Apple store. The trick was trying to remember my old password. After I changed my Apple ID back to the original one, I was then able to update my 6 out of date apps on my iPad and iPhone. Hope this will work for you. Laura:)

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ireddy and Jay

Welcome to ipf,

@ireddy, glad its all now sorted.
@jay, have to tried restarting your iPad, this can be done by holding the hold and home button together, till the device resets. Keep me informed.

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

scburchill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help- I'm unable to open my IBooks - a white blank set of pages is displayed and I am unable to access my bookshelf ? What's wrong ?

Last edited:

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scburchill said:
Thank you for the assistance - I obviously have a lot to learn !

Don't worry, there are plenty of helpful members here to assist you.

Regards,
Chays

scburchill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I forward. An email to my"PAGES"? I managed to accomplish this once and can't seem to figure out how to repeat this - I need to forward a menu from my gmail to pages so that I can access and print it easily . Thanks for any help here !!

Most reactions

Latest posts