What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update 4.3.3 trouble?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been a while since I connected to iTunes. When I did today it prompted an update 4.3.3. I did it and now it's taking forever for my email to load and yet my wifi signal is very strong? Anyone else have this problem? Familiar with this update ?? Thanks!

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm odd huh? I really should have read what the update was for...the only thing I saw was something about cache? Annette

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally did not read your post correctly, Annette. Have you tried holding down the power button and the home button at the same time, until you see the Apple logo?

Then let the ipad reboot. See if that helps. If not, come back and we will try something else.:)

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OH....nope I haven't tried that! Doing it now. Thanx annette

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ugh nope it's still thinking way too long when trying to get email. This started immediately after doing the update. There was one time a message popped up that said aol user name or password wasn't correct but it is! I even went into general settings and made sure my aol account info was entered correct and it is. Any ideas? I do get some emails through but it's real s-l-o-w. Annette

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually taking almost 70 seconds to refresh mail....before the "update" it was maybe 10 seconds at the most. I have an excellent wifi connection.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I will do that, but hubby is sitting next to me with laptop and his connection is fast & fine.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, routers and iPads sometimes get at logger heads. Let's try something a bit more thorough.

Go to the Wi-Fi Settings on your iPad, select your network, and tell it to forget it. For good measure, turn the iPad off by holding down the power button until you get the power off slider, then slide it off.

Now restart your router. Leave the router off for at least a minute, to make sure RAM gets clear.

Start the router.

When it is up and running, start the iPad, go to the Wi-Fi settings and join the network.

That's about as complete a reset of the relationship between the iPad and router as I can manage without fiddling with the router itself.

Luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If that does not help, try deleting your AOL account and adding it again. Sometimes that kind of kickstart fixes things, even when all the settings look good.

Most reactions

Latest posts