What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwanted words

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how do I clear the screen when "session timed out" appears? It ties up the screen then cannot use the program .,mini2 oss 10.3
Doris

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you get this message? Is it in the App Store, is it connected to your Apple ID, or in Safari, or somewhere else?

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi JA
This is in a health records file,where I am registered. Often before I have even read the page it tells me session timed out. I can't find anywhere to put a 'time'
In it. The bigger problem is I can't get rid of it, and then of course that a/c is frozen and I can't use it.
Nowhere to x it out or anything like that. Frustrated!
Doris

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No this is a provincial site where members can access their health records.They
are not techs and don't know how to help me with this annoying feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it is a website, then the time out is determined by the site. The lack of a cancel/retry or other button is also up to the website. About all you can do is close the tab and log in again.

My bank's site also times out after awhile. I have to reload the page and sign in again.

It's also possible that the site does not play well with Safari. There isn't much you can do about that.

Do other users on other devices have the same problem, or is it just you?

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how do I clear the screen when "session timed out" appears? It ties up the screen then cannot use the program .,mini2 oss 10.3
Doris
I don't know anyone else using it. It is fairly new and so handy. But the problem apart from all you mentioned is that I still can't get rid of that phrase and can't
Get into the site,as it stays there and blocks it.
Thanks very much JA for your help.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm I did not know you could use other web browsers on iPad I always used safari on iPad and chrome on my main computer.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm I did not know you could use other web browsers on iPad I always used safari on iPad and chrome on my main computer.
While you can use several browsers on the iPad, Safari is always the default browser.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Thomas - iOS, like macOS or Windows, can run a variety of web browsers - just go to the App Store on your iPad and do a simple search - as an example, I've used a half dozen different browsers over the years and currently have the 4 circled below in the screen capture, plus Safari - you'll have to look up reviews to see how their features might compare. Dave :)
IMG_8836.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts