What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwanted update to 11.0.3

Billjf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife bought me a new iPad Pro 10.5. My first iPad. Going along fine. Got a red blob telling me there was an update from10.3.3 to 10.0.3. Red a lot of stuff on the web so decided to wait until the dust had settled and the betas got sorted out. Similar to Win 10. Thought I would just check and pushed the Learn More button which didn't learn more, it started to download the update. Couldn't find a way of stopping it so got on the Apple, had a chat with Robert who gave me a crash course in iPads and sorted it.

However I still get this accusing red eye glaring at me telling me there is an update. Is there any way I can turn this off. I'm not trying to start a discussuion on the Pros and Cons of iOS 11.0.3. Just a small switch if there is one or I'll buy a pair of sunglasses.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Billjf!

Try the following, maybe it will work:
Go to the Settings app, select General, and there, go to Storage & iCloud Usage. Directly below Storage, tap “Manage Storage”, then scroll down until you find the update. You should see something like “iOS 11.0.3”. Tap it, then choose “Delete Update”. That will remove the uploaded version from your iPad, and the notification will disappear.

If you can’t find the update in your storage, you’ll have to live with the “red eye”, until you decide to update your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts