What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untitled shows up instead of Favorites on Safari

FIMS23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my IPad it use to show favorites. Then suddenly it starts showing untitled whenever I open a new tab instead Of favorites.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you clear history and webiste data in Settings - Safari, force close the app and reset your iPad?
To force close: double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, then slide the thumbnail above the Safari app icon towards the top of the screen.
To reset: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own. This reset won't change settings or remove data. It might help with your issue, though.

OP
F

FIMS23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J . A for your reply. I did what you told me. None of those things worked. I did discover something. When I added this page to my favorites and then opened up a new tab my favorites were back, when I deleted this page from my favorites tab page. It went back to untitled. I feel that this is a glitch with IOS

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which iOS version is installed on your iPad? The latest one would be 8.4.1.

OP
F

FIMS23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have 8.4.1 installed. I will charge my iPad up to 50% then install.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this will remove the glitch.

After updating, reset your iPad, using the method described in my first reply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg
Make sure that you have your Favorites folder selected as Favorites in Settings > Safari. Whatever folder you have here is the one that shows up when you start a new tab, or have no tabs open. It does not have to be Favorites, but using that folder is less confusing.

If there are no links in this folder, then the new tab has no icons, and the title of the new tab is "Untitled" instead of "Favorites" which I admit seems an odd sort of glitch.

In contrast the Favorites Bar is alway the Favorites folder. You can't change it; just make the bar visible or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts