What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNTETHERED JAILBREAK For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 WORKING!

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This Jailbreak Could Be Months Away

There is so no point in getting excited about this judging by the latest blog.

The solution cannot be released to the public as it relies on a dev account.

[How could pod2g have an untethered 4S and dev teams still haven’t released tools to achieve this at home?

The exploit I used to inject the untethering files to the 4S relies on having a developer account, and can’t be released publicly/B]

rebelish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Between 5 min. From now or the next few months, i think it is reasonable to suggest to everyone to wait...

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's right.

Or within the next 5 minutes. :)

Indeed, but you know as well as I do thats pretty unlikely considering what pod2g has posted.

If they've got to find a way to inject the code then although they know how to Jailbreak it and what to do once they're in, they've still got to find a way in.

Just like owning all the gold in the world, but you just don't have to keys to the safe.

Perhaps a way would be this... ( although this could never really happen )

...as pod2g is a dev, they write an app to inject the code. They offer this app to the public and for the people that really want to run this code, they can become dev's themselves at a cost to Apple obviously and then run the self-created .IPA file that will be signed to their device.

Otherise, an online DB is setup of people GUID's that want to be Jailbroken. Once every once in a while a dev releases an IPA with all those GUID's in so people can run it.

I test for a couple of people and they've done versions of programs that are tied down to my IPAD2 but they don't work on my IPHONE so this maybe a way to get the code running.

All hopes and pipedreams!

Mind you, after the accidently release of iMame to the APP Store that was missed by Apple :) the only thing I want to JB for are the emulators.

What about yourself?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a post on redmond pie saying that all of the jailbreakers are coming together, pod2g, dev team, and chronic dev team, all working together to get this jailbreak done! This can only be good news :)

epi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Where did yOu get your information from....it's very exact??

You know if the info about today being the release date of the untethered jailbreak is true?

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suadjule said:
Any news yet? I want this jb so bad.......

Be patient is my advice, your not the only one waiting, will soon be released hopefully

Sent from my iPad 2

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully it will make it before the Aztec prediction of the world's end comes to pass. I have approximately equal faith in each prediction.

Most reactions

Latest posts