What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untethered 4.3.1 JB redsnow problems

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get stuck every time at the point when it starts "uploading ramdisk".

windows popup"program has stopped working",get a downloading jailbreak data on the screen message.This happen when i try to download cydia.

thoughts?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

windows popup"program has stopped working",get a downloading jailbreak data on the screen message.This happen when i try to download cydia.

thoughts?

Make sure you are running it under "Windows XP SP3" compatibility mode with administrator rights (right click the exe and set compatibility in the properties)

Hope that helps...

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score

thoughts?

Make sure you are running it under "Windows XP SP3" compatibility mode with administrator rights (right click the exe and set compatibility in the properties)

Hope that helps...

even if im running win 7?

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously he said windows xp :)))) I heard a lot of people today that have problems running it on windows 7 ...

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score

thoughts?

Hope that helps...

Mine only gives me a SP2 option. (stupid vista loaner). Still crashes in the same spot...anyone have an idea?

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Virtual box or vmware with xp sp3 .I don't see an alternative. Ow....it would be Mac ... I m sure it works just fine in mac

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uniquename said:
Mine only gives me a SP2 option. (stupid vista loaner). Still crashes in the same spot...anyone have an idea?

As suggested in another thread: Have you temporarily disabled the antivirus software?

I don't use AV. But, I am loaded up with XPSP3. Getting itunes now. Tried the JB and it didn't like me without itunes (probably because the PC didn't recognize DFU mode).

EDIT-Fresh XPSP3 load, fresh itunes...perfect. I wiped my data (safe side...it's got like nothing on it anyway), and I'm all good.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
uniquename said:
I don't use AV. But, I am loaded up with XPSP3. Getting itunes now. Tried the JB and it didn't like me without itunes (probably because the PC didn't recognize DFU mode).

EDIT-Fresh XPSP3 load, fresh itunes...perfect. I wiped my data (safe side...it's got like nothing on it anyway), and I'm all good.

Glad you got it.

Most reactions

Latest posts