What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unrelated to the iPad

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A friend is using windows and just up dated iTunes and hates it.How can un do and go back to the old format.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. BTW: Google gives u too many choices this forum is right to the point.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, a few seconds of googling would have helped - :rolleyes: Pass along this LINK - Dave

If we do this will we loose all of our songs.
What we want to do is uninstall the new version and install the old one.The new version is 11.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If we do this will we loose all of our songs.
What we want to do is uninstall the new version and install the old one.The new version is 11.

Hi Benz again - I'm on a MBPro, so first why to you not like the most recent version of iTunes (I'm on 11.1.3 on my laptop)? Maybe before deleting iTunes, we can make some suggestions - not sure?

Second, your music in the iTunes library is linked to the songs/albums/etc. so the actually musical files should be preserved on your computer; HOWEVER, I would make sure that you have a backup of the music elsewhere - as for myself, I have my laptop on a Time Machine BU, a cloned external HD, and also a La Cie external SSD w/ my personal files which include my music - THUS, get your music onto at least one if not two external BUs (USB, HDs, online, etc.) before deleting iTunes - now whether the earlier versions of iTunes are available will await another question? Good luck - Dave :)

Most reactions