1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Unlocking locktopus

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Dr.Gee, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Where do I unlock an app.settings only has change password.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    If I remember correctly, to unlock an app/folder, when I had it, all you have to do is press the icon/folder on the springboard - a pop-up would appear to prompt you to put in your password. If that's not happening, well, sorry, but I guess I remembered incorrectly. I had it for a bit, but since I was the only one using my iPad, I took it off. And that was quite a while ago, sorry.

For those of you JB'd on iOS 5: Don't install Locktopus!

Locktopus is not compatible with iOS 5. So, in the interest of your iPad's well-being ... don't use it.

My information is from the Google spreadsheet "Official iOS 5 Cydia Tweak Compatibility List [Publicly Maintained]," which is an Excel file that is updated and maintained by the jail break community as they find stuff that works or doesn't.

</public service announcement>

Sorry, Dr. Gee, for side-tracking your thread for that announcement. :) But, I hope what I provided you above helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn