1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Unlocking and Jailbreaking an Iphone 3g at&T Model

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by dragon499, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My dad just got the new Iphone 4s and he will be giving me his AT&T GSM 3g model with IOS 5.01 on it. I have a few questions. His contract is up. I have a pay as you go T-Mobile sim card. No data on the plan. I don't care -will get wifi at home. What is the recommended way to unlock the phone so I can shove the card in and get it recognized and working with my number?

Are these models jailbreakable - If so, please reply with a link. I'd feel more comfortable restoring it to factory settings, then setting it up for me and signing into itunes with my account. Is this any different than deleting his email, erasing his notes, and deleting all of his apps, then signing into the store as myself and downloading my purchased iphone apps? I would of course only restore to factory settings if I get it while 5.01 is still the latest.

For the next link, if I am violating some tos, please edit and replace with a valid supported link. If 5.1 is out, can I restore to factory settings, get 5.1, then apply 5.01 after having downloaded the firmware from this page:

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPad-related site. Please, read our rules.]

I don't know his exact model net - just a previous generation AT&T 3G Model.

Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  2. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,663 / 0
    As graywolf has given you the best answer, to visit our sister forum - thread closed.

Marilyn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.