What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unlock

Reaction score
Patience is a virtue.

Unless you have personal connections to comex and are still running 4.3, is there no option to jailbreak your device.

iOS 4.3.1 closed some more holes, so it might take some time before an iPad 2 jb gets released.

OP
T

thedriver2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought in the US I live in canada its locked on Verizon they won't unlock it or will Apple, I tried jailbreak they sent me a link but I could do anything with it I've ask for a refund they haven't replied if I new I was going to have such a problem with unlocking I wouldn't of bought like you say Paitence Thanks all

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Return it.

You can't use a Verizon iPad on a Canadian carrier. It's a CDMA device. You'll need an AT&T iPad, or buy it in Canada where they most likely only sell the GSM device you need.

OP
T

thedriver2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
canada

Thanks for the info but in ontario we have Bell mobility and Telus that are on the same system as Verizon it will work with bell or telus but it needs to be unlocked

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thedriver2011 said:
Thanks for the info but in ontario we have Bell mobility and Telus that are on the same system as Verizon it will work with bell or telus but it needs to be unlocked

Oops, I was misinformed. So we aren't the only mongrel network this side of the world. Well, that puts an end to the only useful thing I thought I knew about Canada's network. :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thedriver2011 said:
So I guess just wait for a code to come out or should I return it. Thanks

I'd return it. The GSM models are a lot easier to move between carriers. And while you do have a CDMA carrier, aren't the GSM ones more common and with better coverage up there? (no longer sure about that).

Most reactions

Latest posts