What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"unknown error occured"

blanchefraser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep getting this message when I try to update an App or purchase a new one (free or not). I have reset my iPad, re synced with iTunes,etc. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, try a restart. Hold down the power button until the red off slider appears, then slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears. Just like restarting any other computer, this often fixes strange behavior.

If it does not, then I'm afraid I can't help right away. There isn't enough information, and several things can cause unknown errors. You're best bet is to go to the Apple Support site, read through some of the descriptions and try the ones that seem to apply.

I've done a bit of searching, . Here is where I would start..

If that does not work I'd try giving Apple Support a call.

Or if you can not, or don't want to go that route give us a much more thorough (step by step what you do and see) description of the problem, including screen shots if you can.

Most reactions

Latest posts