What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UnJail Breaking an iPad

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is currently running a tethered version of 4.2.1 and I am trying to un jail break it.

I thought I could just get the iOS version 4.3 through iTunes and update my iPad and I would be back to an unjail broke state. When I tried, I receive the following message:

The iPad "ipad name" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3194)

So then I did search on unjailbreaking and it said to go into iTunes and press the Restore button, which I did and I received the same 3194 error.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is currently running a tethered version of 4.2.1 and I am trying to un jail break it.

I thought I could just get the iOS version 4.3 through iTunes and update my iPad and I would be back to an unjail broke state. When I tried, I receive the following message:

The iPad "ipad name" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3194)

So then I did search on unjailbreaking and it said to go into iTunes and press the Restore button, which I did and I received the same 3194 error.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Uninstall all jailbreak apps n tweaks except cydia itself. Then go iTunes an update to iOS 4.3. Hopefully thatll wrk for u. If not post back asap.

Curare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm selling my jailbroken iPad 64GB wifi/3g on eBay so I tried to wipe it using the iPad <Setting/General/Reset> method. That got me an iPad stuck on the apple logo when rebooting.

Then I connected to iTunes and used the <option key/ click restore> select the 4.2.1 ipsw from my desktop method and that worked like a charm but took a while. (hold shift key / click restore for PC)

You can d/l 4.2.1. ipsw here

After you get the 4.2.1 installed, then update to 4.3. I'm not sure if you could also just d/l the 4.3 to your desktop and point to that instead and save yourself some time.

4.3 ipsw here

Last edited:
OP
I

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm selling my jailbroken iPad 64GB wifi/3g on so I tried to wipe it using the iPad

Still get the 3014 error when it tries to verify iPad restore with Apple.

Update: I had to add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to my hosts file, reboot my computer and then I just pressed the Restore button in iTunes and then it worked!

Last edited:

djvinevibez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm selling my jailbroken iPad 64GB wifi/3g on so I tried to wipe it using the iPad

Still get the 3014 error when it tries to verify iPad restore with Apple.

Update: I had to add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to my hosts file, reboot my computer and then I just pressed the Restore button in iTunes and then it worked!

How did you do this? I have the same issue i have iPad 1 Jailbroken on 3.2 i want to upgrade and re-jailbreak on 4.2.1 .. I get 3194 error

Most reactions

Latest posts