What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unhide related youtube videos

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my wife and i watch youtube videos. i assume it is due to ios7, but all of a sudden the "related" videos that used to be on the right hand side have been hidden and i don't know how to unhide it. i can drag from the bottom up and see that they are there, however, i can't drag them all of the way up, nor choose one of them. it is happening on both her ipad 2 and my ipad3. any suggestions???
thanks,
mikeB.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe YouTube updated their app with iOS 7.

I don't remember for sure how the related videos worked. I don't use YouTube on the iPad very much, but I think it's been replaced with the two options at the top of the right column (when not viewing in full screen). If you tap the More Suggestions and/or More By Artist links your current video shrinks to the thumbnail to the bottom right (still playing if it was) and you get a list of more videos.

You can scroll through those lists and choose another video, or tap the thumbnail to go back to the original. To get rid of the thumbnail drag it off the screen to the right, or if you're in the mood all the way off the left of the screen.

Last edited:
OP
V

vuejaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for that info. i was using safari rather than the youtube app, perhaps that is the problem and its association with ios7.

mikeB.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't help with that, at least not much. Once the YouTube app is installed it tends to open whenever you tap a YouTube link, even from the Youtube page.

However, maybe you can still see what you want if you use the desktop site instead of the mobile one. YouTube defaults to showing the mobile site when you access it with the iPad, but you can force the desktop site by opening left sidebar, scrolling to the bottom, and choosing Desktop.

And that, I'm afraid, is the sum of my YouTube tips and tricks.

Most reactions

Latest posts