unhappy with ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by nfp40uk, Nov 7, 2011.

1. nfp40uk

nfp40uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    I bought my iPad 2 hoping it would be an asset to my job as an academic. I frequently download research articles in pdf and word formats which is standard. However, my problem is that I can never locate them once downloaded. They dont appear on the 'desktop', or within the hard drive which I can never access. Im certainly not thick but this has me beat.

can any one help

Nick
  2. Chays

Chays iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Welcome to ipf,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I use iannotate, an amazing app. It has the option to open the downloaded document from the web in there, allowing you to read and even edit/highlight.
    Thinking about it now, have you looked in the ibooks, then click collections in the left top, then click PDF's?

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
    You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
    # If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
    # Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    # Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
    Chays
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nfp40uk

nfp40uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks mate...i looked at iannotate but is costs 6 quid mate, so followed your instructions for ibooks and lo and behold they are in there.
    Thanks
    Nick
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897 / 0
    Hi Nick - I'm a just retired 'academic' myself (a Professor of Radiology) - I have a number of apps that are great for PDF files (e.g. iBooks & Goodreader among several others) - if the PDF files that you are trying to download are at no charge, I'd be glad to give a few a try and figure out the best way for you to save and view them; most of the PDF files that I've downloaded are in Goodreader, so if you want to look at a potential app, I would suggest considering that one - let me (us) know - this should be an easy chore for the iPad - good luck! Dave :)