1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

unhappy with ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by nfp40uk, Nov 7, 2011.

1. nfp40uk

nfp40uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi
    I bought my iPad 2 hoping it would be an asset to my job as an academic. I frequently download research articles in pdf and word formats which is standard. However, my problem is that I can never locate them once downloaded. They dont appear on the 'desktop', or within the hard drive which I can never access. Im certainly not thick but this has me beat.

can any one help

Nick
  2. Chays

Chays iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Welcome to ipf,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I use iannotate, an amazing app. It has the option to open the downloaded document from the web in there, allowing you to read and even edit/highlight.
    Thinking about it now, have you looked in the ibooks, then click collections in the left top, then click PDF's?

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
    You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
    # If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
    # Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    # Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
    Chays
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nfp40uk

nfp40uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks mate...i looked at iannotate but is costs 6 quid mate, so followed your instructions for ibooks and lo and behold they are in there.
    Thanks
    Nick
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Hi Nick - I'm a just retired 'academic' myself (a Professor of Radiology) - I have a number of apps that are great for PDF files (e.g. iBooks & Goodreader among several others) - if the PDF files that you are trying to download are at no charge, I'd be glad to give a few a try and figure out the best way for you to save and view them; most of the PDF files that I've downloaded are in Goodreader, so if you want to look at a potential app, I would suggest considering that one - let me (us) know - this should be an easy chore for the iPad - good luck! Dave :)