What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undo button!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone know how to get rid of this “undo” keyboard button in the lower right?
I’ve accidentally hit this thing one to many times and deleted what I just typed!!
Thanks, Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lower right?

I’ve never seen an undo button on the iPad at the lower right. Are you using the system keyboard? What app? What iOS version?

A screenshot might be helpful.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lower right?

I’ve never seen an undo button on the iPad at the lower right. Are you using the system keyboard? What app? What iOS version?

A screenshot might be helpful.

I see it all the time....unfortunately.
This is IOS 12.2.
Using the IPAD keyboard.
Tapping .?123 on the right and it’s directly underneath.
I have no idea how to do screen shots. Above is the story.
Thanks....
Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see it all the time....unfortunately.
This is IOS 12.2.
Using the IPAD keyboard.
Tapping .?123 on the right and it’s directly underneath.
I have no idea how to do screen shots. Above is the story.

Hi Ken - I'm as confused as others and a screenshot would help (and easily done - HELP HERE) - let me post a screenshot below from my iPad Pro on Amazon w/ the online keyboard (assume that is the one in question?) at the bottom - I've circled a KB icon that is at the right lower corner - is that the issue of your posts? If so, this is simply a feature that removes the KB from your display (sometimes it pops up unwanted and a quick way to hide it) - let me stop to confirm that is your question - still not sure? Dave :)
IMG_6818.PNG

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Ken - I'm as confused as others and a screenshot would help (and easily done - HELP HERE) - let me post a screenshot below from my iPad Pro on Amazon w/ the online keyboard (assume that is the one in question?) at the bottom - I've circled a KB icon that is at the right lower corner - is that the issue of your posts? If so, this is simply a feature that removes the KB from your display (sometimes it pops up unwanted and a quick way to hide it) - let me stop to confirm that is your question - still not sure? Dave :)
View attachment 86018

Confused??
I did a search and even found reference to the UNDO key in this forum.
Look at the attachment......still confusing I’ll bet.......Ken

Attachments

• 9E0AA352-D2D8-47FE-BD6E-F3AE7C875B43.png
    9E0AA352-D2D8-47FE-BD6E-F3AE7C875B43.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 387

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
CA119465-5D86-4DB8-96B9-AD15613E090F.jpeg
I found that. Tapping the ?123 key brings it up...Never really paid attention to it before. Hitting the ABC key that appears next to it when it is there removes it from the keyboard again... L

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I see it on my iPad Mini. Undo is in a different place on the iPad Pro.

There is no setting that will change this on the system keyboard.

You can try downloading and enabling alternate keyboards from the App Store. Swiftkey and the Google keyboard are popular. Hold in mind that to get full functionality from some keyboards you have to enable them to send your keystrokes back to their servers. This is true for both of these keyboards.

The iPad won’t allow you to use third party keyboards to enter your device password. I’m not sure about websites, so keep this in mind. Best to trust the keyboard, or not enable the features.

To use them go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards to enable them. A globe key will appear on the system keyboard. You can use it to switch between your enabled keyboards.

Some apps include a keyboard, usually text apps. Third party keyboards available will show up in a group called Third-Party-Keyboards under the above settings. You may have to open the app at least once for them to show up.

There are quite a few keyboards available, but they can be hard to search for in the App Store; since keyboard also brings up a lot of musical apps. To whittle down the hits, try filtering the search results by category (Utilities).

I rarely use third party keyboards, and when I do they are usually specialty keyboards; so I can’t help much more than this. Good luck.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
View attachment 86024 I found that. Tapping the ?123 key brings it up...Never really paid attention to it before. Hitting the ABC key that appears next to it when it is there removes it from the keyboard again... L

Thanks, and yes it dose delete it but that’s having to hit another key. It just comes back again when the initial action is repeated.
May have to ask Apple......Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’m curious. If you are running into this a lot, then you must be spending a lot of time in the number/punctuation keyboard; the .?123 mode

If you are doing a lot of number entry, then their are third party number keyboards you can use. If it is punctuation, most of them can be done from the main keyboard using a swipe down gesture on the key to type the smaller grey punctuation above the main character. Numbers can be done this way too, but it’s inconvenient for more than a a few occasional digits.

It is fairly quick to switch between keyboards using the globe key (only appears if you have more than one keyboard enabled)

Note: For accents and character variations you can tap hold on a key for options, then slide your finger to the character of choice when the popup appears.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m curious. If you are running into this a lot, then you must be spending a lot of time in the number/punctuation keyboard; the .?123 mode

If you are doing a lot of number entry, then their are third party number keyboards you can use. If it is punctuation, most of them can be done from the main keyboard using a swipe down gesture on the key to type the smaller grey punctuation above the main character. Numbers can be done this way too, but it’s inconvenient for more than a a few occasional digits.

It is fairly quick to switch between keyboards using the globe key (only appears if you have more than one keyboard enabled)

Note: For accents and character variations you can tap hold on a key for options, then slide your finger to the character of choice when the popup appears.

Numbers mostly. Forgot about that swipe down thing.
Thanks for all the neat tips!
Back to power washing the house. Breaks over!!
Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Numbers mostly. Forgot about that swipe down thing.
Thanks for all the neat tips!
Back to power washing the house. Breaks over!!
Ken

In Numbers, if the cell you are entering data into is set as a number or currency field, then the iPad will present you with a special number entry keyboard. If the cell is configured for date/time, you’ll get a keyboard configured for that kind of entry. If you leave the cell as automatic (or text), it will use the normal keyboard.

It pays to take the extra time to set you cell formats when creating sheets.

Good luck on your spring cleaning.

A003325D-1CDE-45B2-B7A8-586317C15088.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts