1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

undeletable files in Pages/Kindle?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by Daezer, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Daezer

Daezer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgive me if this has been asked/answered elsewhere, but...

I have put files onto Pages and the Kindle app by emailing them to myself, then opening them up in the app. When I've finished with them, I deleted them - and they no longer appear when I open the app. But...when I look at the app in iTunes file sharing, the files are still there -- and I can even save the file onto the PC, so it's definitely still in the Pad somewhere. How do I find and delete them for good?

Thanks,
    David
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,538 / 1
    Hi, David! Welcome to this great community!

The iPad has no trash like a computer. If you've deleted the files on your iPad and they don't appear any more, they're removed completely. Maybe you synced your iPad to iTunes before deleting them, and they are still on your pc.
    Perhaps this link will help you: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094
    Or: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3842
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. Daezer

Daezer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks but that's not addressing what I'm experiencing.
    Here's a screenshot of the Pages app -- just two files in it. IMG_1545 1.jpg
    And here's a screenshot of iTunes, Pages File Sharing:
    New Picture2.jpg
    Not sure how clear this is. But the two files I can see in the Pages app do not show in Pages in iTunes FileSharing. And the 5 files in iTunes FileSharing do not show up in Pages on the pad itself.

If I pick one of the files in iTunes Filesharing and choose Save As and save it to the PC, it does pop out on the PC - so the file has to be in the Pad somewhere. Since it's not showing in the Pages app, how do I find it and actually delete it?
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,538 / 1
    They shouldn't be on your iPad any more, only in iTunes, where you should be able to delete them. I guess the documents in Pages on your iPad are not showing up in iTunes because you didn't sync your device to iTunes since you created them. Or you chose not to sync them to iTunes when connecting the iPad to your computer.

It's simple with the iPad: what you see is what you have. There's nothing hidden somewhere, afaik.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. Daezer

Daezer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hm. The reason I say it's in the Pad somewhere is because whatever computer I connect it to, I can export the file with the Pages filesharing. So it's not stuck in iTunes. In any case - I used iExplorer to get into the whole file system and I did find the files - hidden in the Cache folder inside Pages. Deleted them there, so now it's all good.
  6. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,538 / 1
    I'm glad you found the solution.