What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unboxing your iPad. Slow or fast?

Did you unbox your iPad quickly or slowly?

• Quickly!

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • slooowly

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Neither quick nor slow.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad-lego-unboxing-mj.jpg

I unboxed mine slowly.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Slowly here too. I didn't want to break anything or lose any paper work I might need. It was my very first Apple device and I didn't know what to expect as far as the packing went so I proceeded very slowly.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny how unpacking apple kit is always slower than setting it up.
So much thought goes into the packaging that it would be impolite to rush through the moment and not savour it.

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually bought mine on campus and opened it in one of the on-campus eateries. I had downloaded and installed iTunes the night before onto my laptop (an HP at the time) so I was ready to rock and roll.

I was there with my wife and brother and they were talking about classes or something so I got up and came back with an iPad, plopped it down on the table and said "Bam!"

They were both stunned, and I proceeded to rip it open and put all the box and what not into my backpack and began the short process of getting it up and running

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Picked up the iPad from BestBuy at 10:20 am, Dec 26, 2010. Left BestBuy with iPad still in box. Drove to ULta, about two miles away. Wife went into ULta while I went into the guitar store next-door to buy some strings. I went from the guitar store to the car and ripped the plastic wrapper from the box, flipped the box upside down and shook it real hard and the iPad tumbled out onto the car floor. Picked it up and pressed the power button and was really bummed out at the message that said connect me to iTunes. I tried everything I could to get past that message without plugging in a USB cable but could not. Put ipad back into box and went into ULta and followed my wife around while sulking.

Got home and immediately plugged into USB and installed iTunes and got it running the OS upgrade.

Was online at 12:30 pm.

If I coud have done it faster, I would have. Lol

Nate

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open quickly while still in Best Buy so I could get my screen protector installed. Box ir up and went home to savor the unboxing process.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine as a present 2 hours before I could go home. I waited patiently and called my wife and buddies to tell them, all with a big grin. When I got home I sloooooowly unboxed it, even though I had already had 2 itouches and bought my wife a 16GB wifi the month before, and enjoyed every moment of it. I inhaled deeply as I opened the box also!

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was a Christmas gift, first I couldn't believe the wife got me one, 32 gb, 3G wifi...I was shocked....she's not a gadget person, so for her to buy something like this was way out there....I unwrapped it, shocked to see it was an iPad, slowly unboxed it...held it for while just looking at it...amazing!
Like most I turned it on only to see the " plug into iTunes" screen...drat, have to wait a few more minutes...but up and running in short order...
But I'm like that with most things. Even my motorcycles....knave to enjoy the moment....it only happens once!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More slow than not, just to be safe. Also then had it in box neatly for screen protector installation at BB.

Most reactions