Unaccounted Memory Usage

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by pogrady, Sep 19, 2015.

1. pogrady

pogrady
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi. In General > Usage on my iPad Air, it is showing 10.1GB of used storage. However, when I go to General > Usage > Manage Storage, the sum of all the individual items, including IOS 9, is about 1.6GB.

I also noticed that the Video app does not appear under the Manage Storage menu. I know my 2 videos are approximately 4GB in total so this still doesn't account for the memory shortfall.

So my questions are i) how do I determine which other apps not identified in General > Usage > Manage Storage are taking up storage, and ii) how do I get the iPad to show the video app (and any other missing apps) under this menu option?

Note: I have delected Safari browsing history.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried hooking it up to iTunes? This probably won't solve the issue with how it displays but might show more details on where the memory is being used.

3. dhewson777

dhewson777
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like the second set of figures could be your iCloud storage rather than your on board storage, which both reside in the Storage section of Settings.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    @ OP - I'd have to agree w/ the above, i.e. which 'storage' locations are you observing? See the attached pic from my iPad Air - the blue arrow points to what is available on my iPad's storage, while the red arrow shows what is left of my 5 GB in the cloud (I do a B/U of the device to that location). Dave :)
    image1.PNG