What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to update to 9.2.1?

SquishyPenguin61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So before I start, these are school iPads so the settings are a little bit different. I work as part-time IT help at a school. These iPads are for the younger elementary students. We have one that will not update to 9.2.1 giving the unable to verify due to no longer being connected to the internet. I've tried everything other than resetting it because that is my last resort. There is no option for manage storage and I can't find the OS update in the Usage. Any ideas? Like I said, I've tried everything but resetting it.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So before I start, these are school iPads so the settings are a little bit different. I work as part-time IT help at a school. These iPads are for the younger elementary students. We have one that will not update to 9.2.1 giving the unable to verify due to no longer being connected to the internet. I've tried everything other than resetting it because that is my last resort. There is no option for manage storage and I can't find the OS update in the Usage. Any ideas? Like I said, I've tried everything but resetting it.

Do you know why it isn’t connected to the internet? I suppose you have been to the WiFi Settings to check the available options. The update should appear under General. You will either need to plug the iPad into a power source or fully charge it before updating.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS updates require a good internet connection for downloading the iOS update and the verification of that update with Apple. It's not possible to update if you have no internet connection.

Last edited:
OP
S

SquishyPenguin61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was connected to the internet. At first it was at the high school, then I moved over to the college on a different wi-fi to try it there. It still didn't work. I did fix it however by finally just erasing it and starting over. I did try updating it several times between both connections. I do work in IT and I know when it's connected to the internet and how to update them. I just didn't know if there was other things to try to make it work that didn't require wiping it clean and starting over.

Most reactions

Latest posts