What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to update Apps

Shirleel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a newbie so bear with me. New iPad has been all going great,last night starting acting weirdly. Would not let me download. Today had app updates and I get message with keynote app this iPad incompatible with this App. Happening with others, downloaded IOS5 but same problem. Why is this?

Wilburight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 popular, paid for and long time favourite apps (inc. Numbers) that have failed to update a few minutes ago. Two additional apps updated OK, but these 3 refused with the 'incompatible' message. Never had that message before, and with the release of iOS 5 just hours old, I figured it wasn't a simple coincidence and on reading other threads, it seems that I've got plenty of slightly upset/bewildered company.

The suggestion I'm going with is to wait it out a few hours. Once the initial iOS 5 upgrade server load subsides, I suspect my 3 little issues will disappear. Hopefully I won't then be overwhelmed by a major problem upgrading my iOS! :/

meta4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wilburight said:
I have 3 popular, paid for and long time favourite apps (inc. Numbers) that have failed to update a few minutes ago. Two additional apps updated OK, but these 3 refused with the 'incompatible' message. Never had that message before, and with the release of iOS 5 just hours old, I figured it wasn't a simple coincidence and on reading other threads, it seems that I've got plenty of slightly upset/bewildered company.

The suggestion I'm going with is to wait it out a few hours. Once the initial iOS 5 upgrade server load subsides, I suspect my 3 little issues will disappear. Hopefully I won't then be overwhelmed by a major problem upgrading my iOS! :/

Same issue. Please post when you get through.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 11 upgrades waiting, quite a number of them dependent on the IOS 5 upgrade. I did do the couple of upgrades that appeared not to be dependent but left the rest. I started doing it right after it went live yesterday and backed off and cancelled LOL. Glad I did but think I'll try today sometime.

jackmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An Answer

Hi folks, just a newbie so bear with me. New iPad has been all going great,last night starting acting weirdly. Would not let me download. Today had app updates and I get message with keynote app this iPad incompatible with this App. Happening with others, downloaded IOS5 but same problem. Why is this?

You must first update your IOS to the new 5. After that you will be able to download new apps. Promise .

Wilburight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confirmed - upgraded to iOS 5, then previously stalled app updates went ahead OK.

Most reactions

Latest posts