What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to remove half loaded app

Njkaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app that never finished loading, and now there is an icon on my desktop that shows that it's loading, but isn't. It just sits there and I can't delete it. If I hold my finger on it to delete it, nothing happens, no little X in the corner to delete. More annoying than anything else, but the desktop is busy enough without frozen apps that I can't get rid of.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
495 more and we will make you a Super Mod!

Oh, and welcome to the forum Karen! We give Marie, aka SweetPoison, a hard time sometimes because after 1300 posts, she is now starting to answer questions instead of just asking them!

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
322d9c48.png

Thanks, Colin.:eek:

s2sherwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi-
I am having the same problem, but doing the reboot didn't fix it. Three sullen little squares with 'waiting' underneath them. Actually these all came about when I tried to apply an update to an app I had been using quite happily. So now the app is useless and I ignore the updates, which are piling up.

Other than that, ...

Many thanks.

-alan-

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This works with "waiting" icon

Hi-
I am having the same problem, but doing the reboot didn't fix it. Three sullen little squares with 'waiting' underneath them. Actually these all came about when I tried to apply an update to an app I had been using quite happily. So now the app is useless and I ignore the updates, which are piling up.

Here are the fixes that the iTunes help desk sent me. Number 1 worked when I had the exact same problem.
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Please follow these steps, testing after each:
1- Turn the iPad off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds, until a red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
2- Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.[/FONT]

s2sherwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Alan-

That seems to have done it--I left it alone for about three hours and when I came back there they were.

I'm thinking it's maybe a connection speed issue? How long is it supposed to take for an upgrade to install, say in a public wi-fi place? Or is it a good idea to just do the reset ever time?

Noob, indeed. Regards to Western MA.

S

Most reactions

Latest posts