What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to read books

Jacquelyn Alston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently opened a book in my iBook library to continue reading it. The language has changed from english to
another language. I have no idea how it happened nor how to change the language back to English. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Go to settings/general/
Date and Time
Keyboard
International
and check these settings relevant to your Region, Language and Time Zone.
I'm sure your problem lies here.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• image-2225266409.png
    image-2225266409.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 507
OP
J

Jacquelyn Alston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank's for the help!
But I'm back with some serious issues. I followed the instructions about going to settings. I think my iBook app is corrupt. I deleted my purchased books and attempted to download them again. The books show an icloud with a down arrow. Am I to believe that apple is using icloud with certain apps. Or could this some type of virus. Each and every book I download will not open.

OP
J

Jacquelyn Alston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I finally solved my problem. I deleted iBooks and downloaded the app again. All of my books were automatically downloaded to iBooks.

yewwing1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeap .... you are right. Very minimum available for free. Is Stanza good? Lots of free ones? Still waiting for the JB for ipad 2 ............ :mad:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Stanza is ok, with several built in books stores, some free. You can also use iTunes to load free ePubs you find from other sites. The app is free, so check it out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, a good destination. Access to the Gutenberg Project is built into Stanza.

baen.com offers a library of free science fiction and fantasy titles. I make a point of showing my appreciation by buying from them when they have a book I want. Besides, their prices are good and they often have the title before anyone else. Only to be expected when they are the publisher.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No special access at all required for Guttenberg Project

Just go to their website and download to your heart's content.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are going to use the Stanza app anyway, you might as well use it to access the library. It saves a few extra steps.

Of course it will only offer you the ePub versions that way, and there may be a few books no in that format. If you are all-out searching for a public domain book and don't care what format or device you need to read it, going directly to the site is the best bet.

I've done it both ways, depending on my needs of the moment.

Most reactions

Latest posts