What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unable to purchase

CharlesR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I woke up my ipad, tapped the App Store and tapped a free app to download. It went through the motions, the app and it's loading bar appears on my screen, then, "unable to purchase" pops up. Hmm, I thought it was free?! So I then try another free app, same message...another one, same, etc.

Why is it doing this all of a sudden?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It happens to me as well a while ago and again couple of days ago, it downloads anyway. I think it's iTunes error.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not be applicable to you but that's what happens when you try a purchase of an app outside its regional boundaries...

Last edited:
OP
CharlesR

CharlesR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, just a few hours later it was fine, I was able to download the app, but I did do something a little different...

Now, this might all just be a coincidence, but when I hit the return button on the keyboard after typing my password I saw the "unable to purchase" message. However, when I hit the log in button "IN" the password box, it works.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think it's the AppStore having a hissy fit. If you try later it usually works unless as Ivan says there are regional restrictions.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think it's the AppStore having a hissy fit. If you try later it usually works unless as Ivan says there are regional restrictions.

Yea, It's happened to me too.. I've had the 'can't purchase' message a couple of times as well... Another time, I chose an app and it began to load then stopped at 'waiting' for about 1/2 hour.. It did eventually complete on its own

It's got to be a problem with the server. It seems to get flaky at times.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may not be applicable to you but that's what happens when you try a purchase of an app outside its regional boundaries...

What do you mean, Ivan? I just tried to purchase an app and it told me "unable to purchase"

That's why I said "may not be applicable". But outside the US many apps, ebooks, movies and music are not available for purchase. When we try we get a message telling us "unable to purchase" hence the regional purchasing boundaries limitation.

Most reactions

Latest posts