What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Unable to play video on this iPad" error

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently tried to download a few video podcasts from iTunes. Most work, but a few of them I get a "This video cannot be played in this iPad" error.

Why? Shouldn't I be able to play anything in iTunes on my iPad? I have plenty of memory available and no restrictions set.

Has anyone else gotten this error?

Thanks,

Todd

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might have something to do with needing flash to run those particular videos. And you know ~ please tell me you know ~ that the iPad does not support flash, right?

Last edited:
OP
tap50

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might have something to do with needing flash to run those particular videos. And you know ~ please tell me you know ~ that the iPad does not support flash, right?

Yes, I know that. :)

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
itunes uses quicktime on you pc/mac which has far more codecs available for it. i believe the only native codec the ipad can handle is h.264 and, i think no, ac3.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue with some TV shows that I downloaded onto my MacBook Pro, but cannot watch on my iPad. It may have to do with DRMs that do not allow transfers. I would go into Apple's web site and query it in support.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds very suspect, on Apples part. You know all iPad owners going to buy something on iTunes needs it to be compatible with iPad. Why even sell a different format/codec when they know it won't play? A 3rd party media app should be able to play but still, if it's from iTunes store itself, they should know better. I'd try to get a refund or send a complaint on it. No reason u should have to go by a 3rd party app to play something from the 1st party(apple iTunes) themselves.

OP
tap50

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds very suspect, on Apples part. You know all iPad owners going to buy something on iTunes needs it to be compatible with iPad. Why even sell a different format/codec when they know it won't play? A 3rd party media app should be able to play but still, if it's from iTunes store itself, they should know better. I'd try to get a refund or send a complaint on it. No reason u should have to go by a 3rd party app to play something from the 1st party(apple iTunes) themselves.

In my case they were free podcasts.

Sweths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem :(

I have the same problem. Unable to view any of the podcasts. I am new to this forum. Need help.

Most reactions

Latest posts