What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unable to join a network.

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found out the Carrier is Orange, and loaded a microsim to suit, got it activated.

Now its a problem joining a Network.

I keep getting a pop-up for Thomson E54EDB with a padlock and the Wi-Fi sign and it asks for a password, but I don't have a password, never had one for Thomson.

There are no other networks indicated

Not sure who to contact to sort it out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found out the Carrier is Orange, and loaded a microsim to suit, got it activated.

Now its a problem joining a Network.

I keep getting a pop-up for Thomson E54EDB with a padlock and the Wi-Fi sign and it asks for a password, but I don't have a password, never had one for Thomson.

There are no other networks indicated

Not sure who to contact to sort it out.

The iPad always uses a WiFi network in preference to 3G and the message you're getting means that the iPad can see a Thomson WiFi network and it wants to join it. The padlock means it's a secure network. So just hit the 'Cancel' button and your iPad will ignore the WiFi and go to 3G. If you get repeated annoying WiFi pop-ups (can happen if you're in an urban area with lots of WiFi around) simply turn WiFi off and then your iPad will always use 3G. The Thomson network is probably a neighbour's or belongs to a store etc.

Tim

OP
KATZ49

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried your suggestions, still no joy, using the ITV Player to check, they say I need to be connected to a network.

Switching on Wi-Fi shows Network Orange, turn off Wi-Fi and it shows No Network.

Yet there is no connection.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried your suggestions, still no joy, using the ITV Player to check, they say I need to be connected to a network.

Switching on Wi-Fi shows Network Orange, turn off Wi-Fi and it shows No Network.

Yet there is no connection.

Are you sure you're in a coverage area?

Go to 'Settings', 'Carrier' and wait to see what networks the iPad can see.

Is Orange one of the networks?

Tim

OP
KATZ49

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to settings/carrier, and search turned up

Orange
Orange-T-Moblie
3G
O2
Vodaphone

Could be an engineers job.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to settings/carrier, and search turned up

Orange
Orange-T-Moblie
3G
O2
Vodaphone

Could be an engineers job.

Sorry I'm slow in replying - I'm on vacation at the moment.

OK - what happens when you click on Orange? Does it give you an error message that indicates it can't join that network? Also, sometimes the activation of your account can take longer than you might expect. We've had other members before on Orange who had to contact them a couple of times before the account was really activated.....

Their customer service does not get the highest category of award from iPad Forum members...:(

Tim

Most reactions