What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to edit single letter on ipad

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I've had my replacement iPad I've noticed that when I try to change a single letter which is in-between a bunch of other letters it doesn't let me.
Instead it only allows me to go to the start or end of the word, not any central letters.

This problem never occurred on my old device? Does anyone else's devices do this too, it's an iPad 2 btw.
Thanks

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding your finger near the text, a magnifying glass pops up, you can the slide the cursor anywhere you want.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Nope, I have to double tap the word for it to select the whole word, holding a finger down still on the word gives me a moveable cursor, when I lift my finger, it pops up with the options to select, select all and paste, but you can also insert letters or delete as well

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That should work, make sure you're not double tapping, just touch and hold steady.

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, so the magnifying trick works which is great, thanks. But a single tap in the centre of the word used to work on my old device, so just curious as it doesn't do the same on this one...

Another Q which is, in mail to "bcc" myself does that mean to have a confirmation email sent to my inbox I assume? Thanks

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Black9 said:
Right, so the magnifying trick works which is great, thanks. But a single tap in the centre of the word used to work on my old device, so just curious as it doesn't do the same on this one...

Another Q which is, in mail to "bcc" myself does that mean to have a confirmation email sent to my inbox I assume? Thanks

Not got access to an iPad 1 to check, but if that is the case, they must have changed it, as it just asks whether I want to select, select all or paste

As for bcc (blind carbon copy) it sends a copy to yourself without anyone but yourself knowing

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

Most reactions