What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Unable to download item" Warning

Stevie B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated my iPad2 to IOS 8.0.2 and reloaded my Apps.... since the update I receive "Unable to download item" warnings periodically. I cannot find what this warning is related to. I have double checked the Apps I reloaded, the warning doesn't seem related to them. How can I find out what "item" this warning is related to? Thanks in advance!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you can't find an app, song, movie or book waiting to get uploaded, there might be a glitch somewhere in the software. If you loaded the update to iOS 8.0.2 over the air, using your iPad only, then restore it using iTunes on your computer. Back it up before restoring, so you can use this backup afterwards.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed this warning when I first installed iOS 8.0.2 on my iDevices. I haven't seen it since the first day or two.

All I can think is that Apple's servers are overwhelmed (this includes the AppStore).

As the iPad needs time to index all the new files loaded with the iOS, may I suggest you wait a day or two to see if this error stops popping up.

I know, not much help. But, I can tell you that mine did stop doing that...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been getting this pop up several times a day ever since iOS 8 was released. Here's a screenshot.
image.jpg

Richard Reiling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get the same message. I got it after a difficult upgrade to iOS 8. It continued with the latest upgrade to iOS 8.02. I read somewhere that this happens when you use Wi-Fi to upgrade but not through iTunes!
If so, how do I go back and try through iTunes.
Enough of us are having this problem, where is the help from Apple?
Thanx

CAD_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit off the mark sorry,

I tried installing ios 8 (first release) and it slowed my ipad 2 down so much that I quickly reverted back to 7,

How is yours running?

Should I risk not being able to "sign" ios 7 again and update to 8 or just leave it?

Sent from my iPhone from planet earth, in my own skin and using my own brain

Most reactions

Latest posts