What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to delete purchased videos from Videos App

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that 'Videos' has disappeared from 'Settings-General-Usage' since the update? I played a couple of my purchased tv episodes (note: not downloaded, just played from the cloud) and there is no way to delete them anymore. Prior to this, one could go into the above menu and delete from there, but this is no longer possible, and they can't be deleted from the app, since they only have a cloud icon next to them. I realize one can manage this sort of thing from iTunes, but it's irritating to have to do so at the moment, as I don't have a properly working PC. I can only hope this is some sort of bug.

By the by, everything else on my devices appears correctly in the usage details, and I've restarted all devices more than once since the update.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just looked at Videos in Settings - General - Usage, and it's still there. I'm also able to remove these videos from my device - they are downloaded. If your videos are not downloaded to your device, the app is either one of the last with no usage data, or not there.

Settings - Videos - Show All Videos: if you disable this, only videos downloaded to your iPad should be visible in the app.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that 'Videos' has disappeared from 'Settings-General-Usage' since the update? I played a couple of my purchased tv episodes (note: not downloaded, just played from the cloud) and there is no way to delete them anymore. Prior to this, one could go into the above menu and delete from there, but this is no longer possible, and they can't be deleted from the app, since they only have a cloud icon next to them. I realize one can manage this sort of thing from iTunes, but it's irritating to have to do so at the moment, as I don't have a properly working PC. I can only hope this is some sort of bug.

By the by, everything else on my devices appears correctly in the usage details, and I've restarted all devices more than once since the update.
To get rid of those videos with the cloud symbol next to them from your Videos app, go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Show All and make sure the videos switch is set to off. That way, only the videos actually downloaded to your device will show up in the Videos app.
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two places for one feature. If you enable/disable it in Videos, it will also be enabled/disabled in iTunes & App Stores and vice versa.

OP
E

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I turned off 'show all videos', but they were still unable to be deleted, and 'Videos' doesn't show up anywhere in the usage details on any of my devices. Not sure what's going on there, but I finally gave up and wiped the iPad in question. An extreme step, which I'm not necessarily suggesting anyone should follow, but at least I'm starting off fresh.

Thanks for the replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts