What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to connect to home wifi

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My partner has recently given an ipad mini to our gardener and he was thrilled but he is unable to connect to his home wifi. He says that icloud is blocking it!! Any suggestions welcome...........

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My partner has recently given an ipad mini to our gardener and he was thrilled but he is unable to connect to his home wifi. He says that icloud is blocking it!! Any suggestions welcome...........

Hello - please read this Apple Support Article carefully and follow all steps. The iPad must be presented to your gardener as a factory reset device w/ no iCloud identity (and 'Find My iPhone' deleted) - hope this helps. Dave :)

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - please read this Apple Support Article carefully and follow all steps. The iPad must be presented to your gardener as a factory reset device w/ no iCloud identity (and 'Find My iPhone' deleted) - hope this helps. Dave :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query. I will pass this info on to our gardener and let you know how he gets on.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my query. I will pass this info on to our gardener and let you know how he gets on.
But he will not get on at all until you have him temporarily return the iPad to you so that you can tap the Settings icon and then go into:
General>Settings> Erase all Contents and Settings, which will require YOUR password to do that.
If activated, you will need to turn off the Find my iPad feature first.
That will enable you to hand back the iPad to him in a condition it came from when straight out of the factory box. He will then be in a position to set up the device with his own password and set-up his own requirements and settings.
He's not able to proceed now because of Apple's built in security features.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But he will not get on at all until you have him temporarily return the iPad to you so that you can tap the Settings icon and then go into:
General>Settings> Erase all Contents and Settings, which will require YOUR password to do that.
That will enable you to hand back the iPad to him in a condition it came from when straight out of the factory box. He will then be in a position to set up the device with his own password and set-up his own requirements and settings.
Regards, Andrew

Thanks for that. We got the ipad back from our gardener but unfortunately, as he's been trying to connect, we are not able to get past the 'Slide to unlock" screen. We have rebooted but still cannot access the ipad and therefore can do nothing at all. Any ideas gratefully received!
Regards, Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the iPad recognized by iTunes on your computer?

Did your gardener put a password on the iPad?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. We got the ipad back from our gardener but unfortunately, as he's been trying to connect, we are not able to get past the 'Slide to unlock" screen. We have rebooted but still cannot access the ipad and therefore can do nothing at all. Any ideas gratefully received!
Have you followed the requirements of the link provided by girardman above, and my suggestion?
He's not going to get on to his internet service provider (ISP) and "open up" his iPad on the internet unless the device is entirely set up with his connection details, including his ISP address, email address etc, set up under a "fresh" iPad as indicated above. It's not a question of "we", but one of "him" setting up a clean iPad brought back to original factory settings by "you" as indicated to you above.
Andrew

OP
S

sandiewk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you followed the requirements of the link provided by girardman above, and my suggestion?
He's not going to get on to his internet service provider (ISP) and "open up" his iPad on the internet unless the device is entirely set up with his connection details, including his ISP address, email address etc, set up under a "fresh" iPad as indicated above. It's not a question of "we", but one of "him" setting up a clean iPad brought back to original factory settings by "you" as indicated to you above.
Andrew

Haven't been able to do ANYTHING with the device at all as can't get past the unlock screen. At the moment my partner is connecting it to Itunes.........
Is the iPad recognized by iTunes on your computer?

Did your gardener put a password on the iPad?
Don't know if he put a password on, will ask him when he gets back here this afternoon. My partner is connecting to Itunes but having trouble remembering passwords and ID.............

Most reactions