What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to change new email sounds

buggaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an iPad 2 and can't seem to change the "new email" sound. It's stuck on "Motorcycle" even though it indicates whatever other sound I choose (i.e. Tri-tone). So, I can change the indicated sound but it still makes the motorcycle sound when a new email arrives. If I choose "none", then there is no sound, so that works.

I'm hoping there is a solution that doesn't involve resetting the device because I have many passwords and stuff saved in it and it would be a headache to redo them. Oh, and I just updated to the latest iOS version.

Thanks!
buggs

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Notifications and find the Mail app. Each account has its own notification settings. If your account is set to anything but None, this setting will override the generic Mail sounds setting that is under Settings > Sounds.

It is convenient if you want a different sound for different accounts.

Or, if you are like me, and only one account is notification worthy, you can set the Mail sound to None in the Sounds settings, and that account to whatever you like under Notifications. I chose Sherwood Forest for it's ominous and distinctive character. I probably wouldn't have done that if that account got more than one or two emails a week. :)

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts